We find huge number of restaurants in any place we stay. Some people due to their busy life depend on the restaurants food as they don’t find time to cook. Some others want to eat restaurant food as a change from their daily food. Many people don’t find time to go to restaurants particularly for eating. But they want to have tasty and yummy food. This made the development of the take away and food delivery. Previously, the restaurants used to have the door delivery option. But it is not possible for every restaurant to provide door delivery as they require separate employees for the door delivery. And a single delivery boy can’t deliver the food in multiple locations. Due to the advancements in the technology, people started to use the internet on the high end. With this there is development of many food delivery apps. The food delivery apps can deliver food from any restaurant registered in their app. The restaurant online ordering system is a software which allows the restaurants to accept and deliver the food through the app or website.
Process of ordering food through the online delivery website or apps
- Every online delivery system mainly contains two components. The first component will make the customer to order the food. The app or website displays the complete list of food options from different restaurants along with the location. The customers can choose the food and can order it. The money can be pre paid or paid after the food delivery.
- Once you ordered the food in the website, the order goes to the second component I.e admin management interface. The restaurants receive the order and confirm the order. Then the staff starts to prepare and pack the food that is order.
- The ordered food is given to the delivery boy for the delivery. The customers even have the opportunity of tracking the location of delivery boy for estimating the delivery time.
- The website or application should have access to all types of devices. The website or app should be provide easy search to the menu from any restaurant. They should also provide opportunity of searching their own choice of food in the app or website.
- The customers should provide chance to configure their order type which is pickup or delivery. The customers can choose the timings for the food delivery. The payments can be done through bank transfer, debit card, credit card, etc. The status of the order should be updated for the customer.
- The customers can also review their old orders through the same website or app whenever they require. So that they can quickly order the food items they like.
Hope you are clear with the online food delivery.