Hardwood floors are available in a wide range of styles, from the type of wood used to the installation method. Common hardwood flooring options are oak, pine, birch, cherry, maple, fir, beech, and even bamboo. Then there are wood laminates and engineered wood floors that look like hardwood. There are many great service providers like hardwood floors in Painesville, OH.
Advantages of hardwood floors
Here are the pros of installing hardwood floors.
Hardwood flooring may last a lifetime and then some with a little TLC. Hardwood floors should be refinished every ten years, according to most experts.
Hardwood floors are simple to clean, but they require frequent sweeping and cleaning. Cleaning is best done with a vinegar and water solution.
- Looks good
Hardwood floors have a timeless charm that no other flooring option can match. People like older homes because they feature hardwood floors, which convey a sense of comfort that carpet and others flooring cannot.
- Minimum allergens
Hardwood flooring, unlike carpet, does not gather dust and other allergens. It makes them a healthier choice for people with respiratory problems and allergies.
- Easy to style and design
Hardwood flooring provides a neutral backdrop for a wide range of décor styles. Hardwood floors do not require carpet to match the space’s color scheme.
Downsides of hardwood floors
Despite some reliable services like hardwood floors in Painesville, OH, the floorings have some cons.
- Even though hardwood floors offer a higher ROI, they come with some upfront fees that put some homeowners off.
- Users of hardwood floors may eventually notice scratches and gouges despite the greatest intentions.
- If scratches and gouges become too deep, or if liquid spills or water seeps in after a rain, wipe the moisture quickly. It prevents expanding or cupping.
- When walking on hardwood floors, especially older flooring, they will creak.
- With their claws, pets can scratch up your floor, but the floor can also cause them to slip and slide, especially older dogs.
Hardwood flooring has a lovely, natural touch that appeals to many people. If not properly maintained, hardwood flooring can quickly be scratched. So, one should weigh all factors before making a choice.